What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to and stored in your web browser by most websites you visit. They, for instance, allow the websites you visit (or third-parties) to recognize you as a visitor (but not as an individual), collect analytical data and improve their services and user experience.
Cookies can be divided into two groups: “persistent cookies” and “session cookies”. Persistent cookies are saved to the disk and kept there until they expire (depending on their predetermined duration) or until you manually delete them. Session cookies are stored only in memory for the duration of your visit and are therefore deleted as soon as you leave the website (close the browser) and therefore terminate your “session”.
Cookies can also be either “first-party” or “third-party”. First-party cookies are stored in your browser directly by the website you visit, while third-party cookies are stored by third-party subjects or services, such as advertising platforms, analytics solutions implemented by the website you visit etc.
Cookies can be used for a large number of purposes. In the context of what they are used for, cookies can be divided into four categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are essential so that you can use the website, move around it and fully use its features. Without these, the websites wouldn’t be able to work properly.
- Performance cookies – These cookies are used to collect data about how visitors use the website, which gives website operators information about how visitors interact with the website. That enables them to improve the functionality of their website.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies allow websites to remember choices you make, such as your language preference. Thanks to them, you don’t have to change the settings every time you visit a website – the website will remember them for you.
- Targeting and/or advertising cookies – These cookies are used to show you advertisements more relevant to you.
You can see the cookies We use in the table below, together with their brief descriptions and categorization. Please note that this table contains both First-party and Third-party cookies. You can find more information about the Third-party cookies in a dedicated section under the table.
|_ga||Cookie used by Google Analytics to distinguish users.|
|_gat||Cookie used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.|
|_gid||Cookie used by Google Analytics to distinguish users.|
|collect||Cookie used to send data to Google Analytics.|
|NID||Cookie used by Google to remember user’s preferences and other information, such as preferred country, number of search results per page and SafeSearch preferences.|
|abTest||Sometimes we make a change to our website and test it by displaying the altered version to a portion of our visitors. This cookie helps us remember which version we displayed to you.|
|casinoSort, casinoSortAsc, uSortAsc, uSortDesc, uSortDesc2, uaSortDesc, uaSortAsc, aSortAsc, aSortDesc, aSortDesc2, aaSortDesc, aaSortAsc, bonusSort, bonusSortAsc, gameSort, gameSortAsc||We use various sorts in our casino, bonus and game lists. These cookies help us remember your selected sorts.|
|CookieConsent||This cookie helps us remember that you have already been displayed our cookie message and you accepted it.|
|JSESSIONID||Cookie used by Tomcat webservers to identify web session.|
|lastHit||We use this cookie to store the timestamp of your last action performed on our website.|
|visitorId||We use this cookie to assign an ID to each visitor, which helps us identify them and use the right settings during repeated visits.|
|visitorIdIgnore||We use this cookie to identify visitors we don’t want to track. It’s helpful for example to identify bots which we want to exclude from our analytics.|
|preferredLanguages||This cookie enables us to store the preferred languages of each visitor and remember them for any future visits.|
|When a visitor enters our site and their IP doesn’t match the language localization of the website they entered, we display a pop-up with the option to go the language localization that might be more suitable. This cookie helps us remember that we’ve already displayed this pop-up.|
|userCountry||This cookie enables us to store the country of each visitor and remember them for any future visits.|
|landingPageType||We use this cookie to store the type of page you entered our website through, for analytical purposes.|
|casinoTab, bonusTab||We use this cookie to store the user’s tab selection on our casino and bonus lists.|
|adwTraffic||This cookie helps us remember which users came to our website from Google Ads.|
As you can see from the table above, third-party cookies from various third-parties are used on our Website. These are in use because of the integration of the services of these third-parties with our Website, namely:
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics records analytical data about the visitors of this Website, their individual visits and interaction with the Website. You can read more about Google Analytics and related cookies at https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage. Also, feel free to read more about how Google Analytics safeguards your data at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245. You can opt-out from Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. This will stop Google Analytics from tracking your visits not only on our Website, but globally.
Most browsers allow you to change your cookie settings in their “Options” or “Preferences” menus. The manufacturers of browsers provide useful help pages related to cookie management, which you can use to learn more about how to manage cookies or turn them off entirely:
- Google Chrome (Desktop and Mobile) – https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Mozilla Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Internet Explorer – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/260971/description-of-cookies
- Microsoft Edge – https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- Safari (Desktop) – https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042?locale=en_US
- Safari (Mobile) – https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- Android Browser – https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/54068?visit_id=1-636601972073000539-1281769835&hl=en&rd=1
Opera – https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/